Back pain is among the most common ailments faced by people. In fact, everyone experiences this pain at some point in their lives. But you can’t ignore this. It can be treated with some exercises as well as medication. But if the remedies fail or are the problem is not treated on time then it becomes chronic. Doctors often suggest treatment with spinal surgery to reduce the prolonged back pain. But have you thought what is spinal surgery and what it involves?
It is a medical procedure which is conducted with a purpose of treating the chronic back pain that the patient is suffering from. This includes the elimination of herniated discs, treating vertebral fractures, bone spurs, and spinal stenosis.
Major Surgeries Done By Best Spine Surgeons In India
It is difficult to choose the best and right surgeon to get the best treatment for attaining pain relief and reducing potential complications. You should take a look at the top 10 spine surgeons in India for better treatment and major surgeries. Let us take a look at some of the major surgeries which are performed by the best spine surgeons in India.
- 1. Discectomy: In this surgical method, from the spinal column, a part of the herniated disk would be removed. The affected herniated disk is the main reason for back pain for which the spinal surgery is performed. This also minimizes the pressure on nerves.
- Spinal Fusion: This involves the joining of two or more vertebrae together to reduce the pain. It is also called spondylodesis or spondylosyndesis. This method helps to stabilize the unstable spine and to decreases the pressure on nerves. It can be performed when the patient undergoes to the following conditions:
– Discogenic pain
– A spinal tumor
– Vertebral fracture
– Spinal disc herniation
– Posterior Rami Syndrome
– Degenerative disc disease
- Foraminotomy: It involves the removal of that tissue or part that lead to compression on the nerves in the back. So, the removal of bones that constrict the nerves carried out during the surgery. This procedure sometimes affects the stability of spine so that the spinal fusion is also carried out. After surgery, it takes 18 months for full recovery.
- Laminectomy: The overgrowth of bones or ligament may induce the spinal pain in the back so it is necessary to remove the part of bones or ligaments to get relief from back pain. This also helps to get rid of pressure on nerves. The instability in spines from this surgery is also prevented by performing a spinal fusion.
- Disc Replacement: It is a type of arthroplasty. In this new and uncommon surgery, the damaged or affected spinal disk is replaced by an artificial device or disk. It can perform when the patient can undergo acute back pain.
- Cervical Spine Surgery: It is a neck surgery which is done on those patients who experiences arthritis, cervical disc disease, and acute neck pain. This involves the elimination of damaged disk to get relief from back pain. This requires the spinal fusion to prevent the decompression of nerves.